IPL 2018 Headlines, IPL 2018 Team Table With Players
IPL 2018 Headlines
- Two-time title-winning captain Gautam Gambhir has been dropped by Kolkata Knight Riders
- Virat Kohli has come out of the event in Mumbai as the highest-earning player with RCB paying him Rs 17 crore.
- MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina and Ravindra Jadeja will once again reunite in yellow, with CSK electing to retain all three players in their comeback season.
- Australian skipper Steve Smith who played for Rising Pune Super Giants in IPL 2017 has been retained by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 15 crore.
IPL 2018 Team Table With Players
|Teams||IPL Teams Squad players list|
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma (Captain), Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Virat Kohli (Captain), AB de Villiers, Sarfaraz Khan|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Andre Russell, Sunil Narine|
|Kings XI Punjab||Axar Patel|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||David Warner (Captain), Bhuvneshwar Kumar|
|Delhi Daredevils||Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Chris Morris|
|Rajasthan Royals||Steve Smith (captain)|
|Chennai Super Kings||MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina (Captain), Ravindra Jadeja|
CSK, Rajasthan Return
Delhi Retain Pant, Morris & Iyer
Gambhir Dropped by KKR
Dhoni Reunites With Raina and Jadeja
Player Retention Announcement
Marking the start of the 11th season of the Indian Premier League, all eight franchises will shortly announce the names of their retained players in Mumbai on Thursday, 4 January.
BCCI Acting Secretary Amitabh Chaudhary and Rajeev Shukla, Chairman of the IPL’s Governing Council will attend the event, alongwith IPL franchise representatives.
- For Mumbai Indians, Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah are second and third retentions.
- The purse that one spends for retention of three capped players is Rs 15 crore for Player 1, Rs 11 crore for Player 2 and Rs 7 crore for Player 3 while for two retentions — it’s Rs 12.5 crore for Player 1 and Rs 8.5 crore for player 2.
- However for Virat Kohli, the retention was Rs 17 crore, which incidentally is his league fee. A single player retention had a deduction of Rs 12.5 crore.